Judy Conner, Volunteer Publicist
Bark in the Park 2017 Press Information
Saturday, September 16, 2017
10 a.m. 5 p.m.
William Street Park
Corner of William and S. Sixteenth Streets
Downtown San Jose, San Jose, California
Admission free - $5 donation per dog is encouraged
When you take a dog for a walk, is the dog taking you for the walk? The answer to this question will be evident when dogs and their owners attend Bark in the Park™ 2017, the Largest Dog Festival in the US. When over 3500 dogs and 15,000 humans have enjoy this family oriented, all-day event it is clear who is taking the lead.
Located in an expansive, tree-lined neighborhood park, this fun day features contests, celebrities, demonstrations, low cost vaccines and $5 microchipping, dog-related vendors and services, a misting tent, and kids activities. Plus, dogs, lots of fun loving dogs.
Bark in the Park is a fundraising event hosted by the Naglee Park neighborhood's Campus Community Association (CCA). All proceeds benefit the CCA, Humane Society Silicon Valley and San Jose Animal Care Center.
The extremely popular and fun-to-watch dog contests and demonstrations will be held at Bark in the Park San Jose. Events are scheduled for the following times and locations.
Adobe Animal Hospitals Main Stage
- Pet/Owner Look-Alike Contest, 11:00 a.m.
- Dog Costume Contest, 12:00 p.m.
- Happy Dog Tail Wagging Contest, 1:00 p.m.
- Furry Friends Pet Assisted Therapy Services Presentation, 2:00 p.m.
New Kids' Entertainment Zone featuring:
- Kids' Agility Course
- Dog Owner in Training Resource Tent, hosted by Stacy's Wag'N'Train and Canine Higher Learning
- Kid's and Dogs - a Safety Demo with Puppets, 11:30 a.m.
- How to Approach a Dog, 1:00 p.m.
- How to Teach a Dog a Trick, 2:30 p.m.
- Meet and Greet with Downtown Dog, the Sam's Downtown Feed and Pet Supply mascot, 11:00-11:30 a.m., 12:00-12:45 p.m., 1:30-2:15 p.m., 3:00-3:45 p.m.
- Puppy make-over packages (face paint and more!)
- Big Bulldog Bounce House
San Jose Water Company Agility Corral
- Fetch Sam and Canine Higher Learning, 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
- Bark Attendee “Agility” Time, 11:00 am, 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:45 p.m.
Reed Animal Hospital Entertainment Corral
- Skyy Dogs USA, 10:00 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:00 p.m.
- California K9 Demonstration, 11:00 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Naglee Park Sheep Herding Corral
- Cutters Quarters Border Collies – Sheep herding and Bark Attendees "Sheepherding" Time, throughout the day
Christmas in the Park Rally Corral
- Santa Clara Dog Training Club, 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
- Bark Attendee Course Run Throughs, 12 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
Public Contact Info
Proceeds from the event benefit the Campus Community Association and the Humane Society Silicon Valley. Over the 21 years of Bark in the Park more than $50,000 has been given to animal oriented charities. Bark in the Park has also invested over $90,000 to education enrichment in Downtown San Jose Schools, children's literacy programs throughout San Jose, and community outreach, participation and involvement in our surrounding neighborhoods.
- Arranged by Naglee Park’s Campus Community Association
- Presented by Adobe Animal Hospitals and Marketplace
- California K9 Solutions
- Christmas in the Park
- City of San Jose Animal Care Services
- Dog Trekker
- Fetch Sam!
- Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
- Humane Society Silicon Valley
- J. Lohr Wines
- Judy Conner Public Relations
- 98.5 KFOX/96.5 KOIT
- LW Graphics
- PAWS 4 SJAC ((Pet Awareness and Welfare Society for San Jose Animal Care Services)
- PetCure Oncology
- Reed Animal Hospital
- Sam's Downtown Feed
- San Jose Mailing
- Santa Clara Dog Training Club
- San Jose Water
- Silicon Valley Veterinary Specialists
- Stacy's Wag'N'Train
- Sunnyvale and Oakridge Veterinary Clinics
- Tama Veterinary Hospital
- VCA Animal Hospitals
- WILDECIDE Cider
- Williams Party Rental
- Supported in Part by a City of San Jose Cultural Grant
About the Campus Community Association
Naglee Park is a historic San Jose neighborhood developed on the estate of Brig. General Henry Morris Naglee, a Civil War veteran and prominent California pioneer. The Campus Community Association grew out of Naglee Park to become a strong advocate for neighborhood values in San Jose. As a result, the Naglee Park neighborhood is at the forefront on issues affecting the downtown neighborhoods and San Jose as a whole. www.nagleepark.org
About Humane Society Silicon Valley
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) is an independent, non-profit agency offering quality adoptions, medical care and education programs to enhance the human-animal bond. Established in 1929, HSSV has served Silicon Valley for more than 79 years and found homes for more than 500,000 animals. HSSV is an "open door" shelter and accepts animals 24-hours a day, seven days a week. HSSV's medical center offers affordable spaying/neutering, vaccinations and microchips to the public. More information about HSSV can be found at www.hssv.org.
About the San Jose Animal Care Center
The City of San Jose created the Animal Care & Services division in 2001. With the completion of the City of San Jose's new Animal Care Center, the City of San Jose itself is now providing shelter and field services for San Jose residents and for residents of Cupertino, Los Gatos, Milpitas and Saratoga. www.sanjoseanimals.com