Charities Supported by Bark in the Park
Since 1996, Bark in the Park™ has donated more than $200,000 to local pet charities and our greater community. Donations are targeted to pet charities, educational enrichment in local schools, children’s literacy programs, and activities which improve the community through resident involvement and events.
And the success of Bark in the Park continues to help raise funds to make a difference in Downtown San Jose. Because of Bark, we have been able to donate money to several important downtown community projects including:
- Selma Olinder Elementary School, enriching student education
- Horace Mann Foundation, educational enrichment programs at Horace Mann Elementary
- Safe from the Start San Jose, child safety and literacy
- San Jose Downtown Association, "School on Skates" program
- South University Neighborhood, creation of O’Donnell Gardens Neighborhood Park
- Spartan Keyes Neighborhood Association, Paint-a-Thon
- San Jose Academy Band
- University Neighborhoods, warm clothing drive for children
- William Street Park, physical improvements
- Numerous beautification projects throughout the University neighborhoods, organized and performed by our neighbors to make our historic neighborhoods a beautiful place to live.
- Community building efforts of Northside Neighborhood Association, Five Wounds/Brookwood Terrace Neighborhood Association, South University Neighborhood, and United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara County