Bark in the Park 2021 Has Been Canceled:
See you Saturday, September 17, 2022
S. 16th Street and E. William Street
William Street Park in Downtown San Jose
Dear Bark in the Park Supporters,
Bark in the Park™ San Jose has been canceled a second year in response to the public health concerns brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. Bark in the Park San Jose is concerned for the safety and health of the human friends that accompany the 3,900 dogs that attend this family friendly festival. The largest dog festival in the United States will return September 17, 2022.
“Bark in the Park takes hundreds of volunteers, vendors, and sponsors to make event happen smoothly and fun for the community,” said John Turner, President of the Campus Community Association, which organizes Bark in the Park. “Keeping public health in mind, and the uncertainty of being able to keep all safe while holding the event, we have decided to postpone until September 17, 2022.”
In the meantime, follow Bark in the Park on Facebook and check out the Bark in the Park website. Meanwhile, visit our sponsors' and our vendors' websites, many of them are essential services, or provide online purchasing and deliveries.
Be safe, stay six feet apart, and take your four-legged friends out for walkies.
Thank you, Bark in the Park and the Campus Community Association
Dogs and their best friends will have a great time at Bark in the Park™, the largest dog festival in the United States with more than 15,000 dog lovers and 3,900 dogs.
- Low Cost Vaccines and $5 Microchipping, provided by PAWS 4 SJACS (Pet Awareness and Welfare Society for San Jose Animal Care Services)
- Kids' Zone Dog-themed bounce house, face painting, Doga, DIY dog toy making, storytime, dog owners in training resource tent, and kid's agility course.
- Contests, including the popular Dog Costume Contest, Dog/Owner Look-Alike Contest and Tail Wagging Contest
- Demonstrations of dog agility and specialized dog training
- More than 75 vendors with dog-specific goods and services.
- Delicious food and drink at the Gordon Biersch Refreshment Garden
- Misting Tent, courtesy of San Jose Water
Money raised from Bark in the Park benefits local community and pet-focused organizations including Humane Society Silicon Valley, San Jose Animal Care Center, and PAWS4SJACS and the Campus Community Neighborhood Association.